Finance for Non-Financial Managers
An Understanding of the basic principles of accounting and finance is one of the keys to proper decision-making and contributing to your organisation
This programme will give managers the grounding needed to manage cashflow, read and understand financial reports, communicate with the Finance Department, and make good financial decisions.
The programme relies heavily on case-studies and teamwork, meaning that participants will be actively engaged throughout. The course also promotes an action learning framework, and can be used as the basis for launching an action learning set on financial management or financial literacy within your organisation.
This program can be run over two or three days and can be tailored to meet specific requirements of your organisation.
Who is this Course for?
This programme is for non-financial managers working in any operational area who needs to obtain a better understanding of finance to better do their job.
What will you Learn?
This programme is for managers and others who have zero to very little understanding of finance in an organisation or business context. It introduces the basics of finance and builds a foundation of understanding meaning that you will understand and be able to actively participate in financial decisions within your organisation.
While the programme does have some "normal" classroom style learning, it is mainly built upon practical case studies and learning is done in a team environment. At a minimum, the course will be tailored to the organisations specific financial system, and can be highly customised if required.
At the end of the Programme you will be able to:
- Understand Financial Statements: Show More
- Effectively Manage Cash Flow and Working Capital: Show More
- Use Financial Information as the basis of Sound Decision-Making: Show More
Delivery and Fees
- This programme is delivered as an in house programme over 2 or 3 days. The two-day version of the programme covers mostly the same areas as the three-day programme, the main difference between the two is the level of depth at which the content is covered.
- Delivery is charged on a "per-day" basis. Our current fee is €1,500 per day
- A fee may be charged if the client required a comprehensively tailored programme
- Programme Fees are not subject to VAT
Richard O'Callaghan FCPFA ACMA AIPA
Richard is Director of Training with the IFT. He was previously the Chief Executive of a Recognised Accountancy Body and is currently delivering a range of finance programmes for DIT, IADT, BIFE, Accounting Technicians Ireland, Public Affairs Ireland, and the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform.
He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy and is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and of the Institute of Incorporated Public Accountants. He also has a very strong information technology background, and has been particularly interested in the intersection between finance and information technology throughout his career.
He has been running finance and business skills courses for more than 18 years.